Tender mushrooms in flavourful creamy sauce – a match that would leave you drooling
• Clean and dice the mushrooms and sauté them mild in butter. Keep them aside.
• In the same wok, prepare roux. Add oil and butter and let it melt. To this add refined flour and cook till the flour turns pale. Put the flame on simmer and add milk to flour mix while stirring it continuously in order to avoid lumps.
• You can add more milk if the roux feels too dry. It should be of spreadable consistency. Add the salt, pepper and seasonings. Lastly, add nigella seeds. Let it cook for 2-4 minutes on low flame.
• Add the mushrooms to roux.
• Spread the mixture generously on toast and bake it for 10 minutes at 180 degree.
May this year Bappa bless us all with good health, peace and give us all relief from pandemic. Modak is a sweet dumpling popular in India and is usually made during the auspicious festival of Ganesha Chaturthi. This sweet recipe is sure to be loved by people of all age groups. The classic modak recipe is made with rice flour and jaggery. This recipe is an instant one, doesn’t need much ingredients and is super simple to make, all it needs is some patience.